Visit your doctor for advice about your medicines: Humana members can visit an in-network doctor to schedule regular doctor visits.
- Stay in good health: Take your medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
Your doctor has prescribed medications for a reason—to help you stay healthy! Forgetting even one dose per week can affect how well your medicine works. Taking your medicines as directed may help you avoid costly medical issues down the road*.
Easy ways to remember your meds
Put your meds in an easy-to-find spot where you’ll be sure to see them, such as your kitchen counter or nightstand.
- Make it a habit: Take your medicines at the same time as you do other tasks, such as brushing your teeth or getting dressed in the morning. Or set an alarm to go off at the same time every day as a reminder. Set several alarms if you take medicines throughout the day.
- Stay organized: You can use a pill organizer to organize your pills by time of day or day of week to remember your medication. For medicines you don’t take every day, add a sticker on your calendar on the days you’re supposed to take them.
- Sign up for automatic refills: Many pharmacies, like Humana Pharmacy, offer automatic refills on your medicines. Your pharmacy may even call your doctor’s office for you if your prescription has expired and it’s time for a refill.
- Use a mail-order pharmacy: Mail-order pharmacies, like Humana Pharmacy, can help make sure you have your medicines when you need them.
*Avalere Health LLC. (2013). “The Role of Medication Adherence in the U.S. Healthcare System.” Retrieved from http://avalere.com/research/docs/20130612_NACDS_Medication_Adherence.pdf
Links to various other websites from this site are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute or imply endorsement by Humana of these sites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained therein. Humana disclaims responsibility for their content and accuracy.
This material is intended for informational use only and should not be construed as medical advice or used in place of consulting a licensed medical professional. You should consult with your doctor.
Humana is a Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO and PFFS organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in any Humana plan depends on contract renewal.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits may change each year.