Immediate Medical Care Without an Appointment
Emergency room (ER) visits are rarely planned or inexpensive. For immediate treatment, consider urgent care to save on healthcare costs. Studies show that an ER may cost six times more* than urgent care for the same service.
Find an urgent care center
You can also search for an urgent care center using your MyHumana mobile app. Once logged in, click on Find Care located under Tools.
Urgent Care Savings
To get the most from your health care dollars, remember these facts:
If you don’t have medical coverage, many urgent care locations offer discounts or savings on select services.
- Visit an in-network urgent care center for a minor illness or injury may save money. Members often pay lower copays for the same services at urgent care centers compared with an ER.
Urgent Care Is Different
- Affordable You can save on copays and services compared to the cost of an ER visit.
- Fast You don’t need an appointment for most services and waiting times can be shorter. Also, many centers are open evenings and weekends.
- Quality care Centers are staffed by doctors, nurses, and other trained medical professionals.
- Services Most centers treat a range of urgent needs and many offer diagnostic tests.
- Easy access Centers are often located within minutes of a member’s work or home.
Urgent Care Services
Convenient choice for immediate treatmentUrgent care centers help you save on healthcare costs compared to emergency rooms and are a great choice for minor illnesses and injuries.Learn more
Don't Know Which Step to Take? Call HumanaFirst®
If you have questions about symptoms you’re experiencing, the HumanaFirst 24-hour Nurse Advice Line is available – for free – to most Humana members. Nurses on the other end of the line can answer your questions, assess your symptoms, make referrals to emergency room or urgent care facilities, or help you find a PCP in your area.
Call 1 - 800 - 622 - 9529
24 hours a day, seven days a week
Find answers to questions about urgent care
What exactly is an urgent care center? How does urgent care compare to an emergency room? Get answers to these and more common questions about urgent care.