What providers are in my network?
To find a listing of in network providers you can follow the steps below:
1. Log into www.Humana.com.2. Click Find a Doctor listed under Tools and Resources at the bottom of your MyHumana homepage.
3. On the next page select one of the options located under the Provider Finder heading (Doctor, Pharmacy, Hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, Dentist, etc).
4. In the Search Type box, select the type of provider you are looking for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy).
5. Your Network will be prefilled 6. Under Search, choose the search criteria you would like to search by (All, Name, Specialty or Condition).
8. A page will appear with a list of in-network providers based on your search criteria.
You may refine your search by updating the zip code or radius and selecting Refine Location. You may narrow your list of in-network providers by Last Name, Provider Type, Specialty, Gender, Accepting New Patients, Affiliations or City and State. Once your option is selected click Refine Results.
9. Click on the provider name you are considering. The Physician’s Details will be displayed which include address, phone number, specialty, office hours, a link to a map if you need directions to the provider’s office and a link that will let you view the provider’s organization and hospital affiliations.
You can also search for providers via the MyHumana mobile app. Once signed in, select tools - "Find Care".
Note: You must choose a provider’s location that accepts your plan to receive your in-network level of benefits. If the provider is not found here, you will receive your out-of-network level of benefits.
howcome when i try to look up in network providers i get nothing
I am sorry to hear of your trouble and would be happy to explore this further. Did you get an error message at all? Or was it the search didn't yield any results?
I'm sorry, but this is not close to what it seems. I find long lists of providers that are "in network". When I call them, I find:
They are not in network.
They do not have a contract with Humana.
They don't exist or haven't been in this location for years..
Their specialty is not what I was looking for, even remotely (e.g., I search for gastroenterologist and they're nephrologists).
They are part of a practice that is NOT in network, but has 20 doctors listed in Humana's directory of in network providers.
I sincerely wish you luck. Unless you're in a very unique location, the thousands of providers that Humana claims to have simply are not there and we pay the price. I've concluded that I'm basically uninsured, and hope and pray that I do not have a medical emergency.
I would be happy to review these.
I will send you a direct message so we can obtain some additional information to investigate further.
Tried to reply to your e-mail and it gets bounced. Message address went to:
Be sure you are signing into the community in order to reply to me directly. Once signed in, click on the bell icon to get back to your inbox.
I agree that this is not at all what it seems. I specifically went and signed in with my member ID so that I could find a dentist in-network. I found one. Listed on your website. Spoke with the dentist office, they too said "yes they accept my insurance" and now 2 months later I'm getting a bill for $169 due to services performed by an out of network provider. He still shows up on the Humana page when I enter my ID and search around my zip code. So I don't understand how it's possible he is out of network.
While it is surely unfortunate, this certainly can happen, especially with dentists. Most dentists bill under themselves, although there are some out there which bill under the business/company as a whole. This may cause out of network claim processing. In this instance, the provider would want to submit a corrected claim to you insurance company, or you can file an appeal if they are unable to do so.
I hope this helps.
Retrieving data ...