AnsweredAssumed Answered

If my doctor is unwilling to refer me to a surgeon, am I able to self-refer myself to a surgeon?

Question asked by 5DORF3M180S7W on Nov 3, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2019 by communitymanager

My pcp sent me to find an Endocrinologist after blood work showed high PTH levels (hyper parathyroidism).  Endocrinologist had same high PTH results. As surgery is the only cure/ treatment for this disease, I started to ask for further test/scans and steps toward surgery and was told that I don’t meet their requirements for surgery. Had to basically beg in order to get an ultrasound scheduled.

need to know what my own options are if Endocrinologist is unwilling to help me further