AnsweredAssumed Answered

We took my daughter to the emergency room last fall to an in-network provider and met our deductible.  However, I received a bill from the doctors group that treated my daughter and apparently they are out-of-network.  I don't understand how I can be expe

Question asked by aka159115533539 on Feb 27, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2020 by communitymanager

We took my daughter to the emergency room last fall to an in-network provider and met our deductible.  However, I received a bill from the doctors group that treated my daughter and apparently they are out-of-network.  I don't understand how I can be expected to pay that bill after I met my deductible and nowhere was I told that the doctors that worked at the in-network hospital were out of network (unless it was some short disclaimer I was given as my daughter struggled to breathe).  And even had I known, what options would I have other than to take my daughter to the EMERGENCY ROOM of an IN-NETWORK HOSPITAL, if the doctors there don't fall under our plan?!  I suppose my question is do I really have to pay out of pocket for this bill AFTER I MET MY HIGH DEDUCTIBLE even though it was at an in-network emergency room?  It's not like it was an experimental procedure they were trying.  They simply gave her some breathing treatments and IVs.

Outcomes